So normally what I do is I wait until a costume is done and then I post the progress and everything behind it. But I really want to keep active with this blog. And if I wait until it's done, I won't make posts all that often. So what I decided to do now is post my progress as I come along, so I can be more active here.
Amanda progress. Cut and styled the wig. This was the first time I really got the chance to use thinning sheers with a wig. The scarf needs a bit of working on, I need to fix it up a bit before I call it finished.
The hood and trim for Miku. The hood pattern was something free I found online, while the collar had to be drafted myself. I was a little unsure of how to do it, so I sort of winged it and I'm happy with how it came out. The most tedious process was the stitching detail along the hood. It wasn't hard it was just time consuming. But I'm happy with the result.
The plush for Miku, on her head. The plush was stuffed a bit too much, so I had to take a good deal out from the body so it could sit right under the hood.
And of course the apron. I was really happy with the shape of it, getting it how I wanted. I still need to add the embroidery along it. I haven't done embroidery before, so it'll be an interesting sort of experiment.