Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Side Project: Metal Gear Rex

While waiting for Otakon to get here, I decided to try and make as many plushys as I could, to help get some extra income. In between MK.II's I decided to make a new Metal Gear. Because Metal Gear Solid is my favorite out of all the games in the series, I decided I had to make Rex. Rex's design was really easy to figure out when drafting a pattern for. Basic geometric shapes. But it was far more complicated then MK.II when it came to sewing and details. There were more detail to worry about and to figure out when attaching everything. Rex is also smaller then MK.II by a few inches. MK.II is also wider.

But overall I'm really pleased with the results in the end. Rex turned out really nice. I was even more surprised when I was able to get him to stand up. I didn't think I'd be able to, because of how thin his legs are. But it worked out really nicely. The only thing I think I want to fix in the second version is to figure out something better for the rail gun. What I have now is alright, but it's really, really basic. Maybe I can find a better way to translate the gun into plush shape.

Progress: Head


Progress: Body


Progress: Body + Legs


Finished

No comments:

Post a Comment