Sunday, April 3, 2011

I promised I'd post the nicer photos of Fastener, here they are.

The patterns were a bit more tough to construct. The first set of patterns were way too small. That and he's such an odd shape, so there really isn't anything online where you can get it easily. The zipper clasp parts are made from scuply and painted.

Also working on Claudia from Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Probably the most intricate that I've had to do in a while. The brocade that I got is really beautiful. I really lucked into it, and got a good amount online to really play with.



The main part was sort of modeled off a dress pattern that I had and modified. And then the shirt part is sewn in together.



For the photo, the boots and belt are a stand in. Now that I have the time to really work on her, I can take my time and find some nice boots, or a decent belt. I still need to make the bracers she wears and the cloak. The cloak isn't to difficult, I've made a hooded cloak before. I've never made bracers, so it'll be interesting to see how they turn out. I can't say they'd be the best, but I've got the time to work it out. I think I'm really sort of avoiding having to make them at this point because I've never worked with the material and I've already messed up when I tried to the first time. So we'll see.

Also we'll see how this will fare during the summer, because with all this brocade and nice fabric I will be sweating like mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment